This bug fix release patches some issues that people found in the 1.2.0 release.
Mostly fixes for making Microsoft Visual C 6.0 (MSVC6) work with the new release and a few minor bugs and sanity checks have been added.
The biggest change is the depth value that a certificate verify callback will receive. It is now counted from the certificate you are checking up, with the peer cert itself being depth 0.
From the ChangeLog
- Depth that the certificate verify callback receives is now numbered bottom-up (Peer cert depth is 0)
- Fixes for MSVC6
- Moved mpi_inv_mod() outside POLARSSL_GENPRIME
- Allow R and A to point to same mpi in mpi_div_mpi (found by Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard)
- Fixed possible segfault in mpi_shift_r() (found by Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard)
- Added max length check for rsa_pkcs1_sign with PKCS#1 v2.1
Get your copy here: polarssl-1.2.1-gpl.tgz
The hashes for polarssl-1.2.1-gpl.tgz are:
SHA-1 : 7866e266a190c2fbf211247323447ce529c2e3eb SHA-256: c80c1637685ad78b45cc5fa82fe5374dec40badf0db27840805f3b4899f2e241