Mbed TLS is now part of TrustedFirmware.org.

mbedTLS .dll compilation on VS2015

Feb 22, 2016 09:52
Kirill

Hello.

I'm trying to compile mbedTLS as Visual Studio solution with VS2015. Sources updating (2010>2015) works without errors, and mbedTLS .lib file compiles just fine. But becouse of limitations of platform to use it I need .dll library. I can set Configuration Type - Dynamic Library (.dll) on mbedTLS settings, but compilation returns .dll with size about 170kb and many other files around. I think I should fix some other settings to make it work, but I have no idea. Someone here know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Feb 22, 2016 09:58
Kirill

Also, log says "All 449 functions were compiled because no usable IPDB/IOBJ from previous compilation was found." and Release folder contains mbedTLS.dll, mbedTLS.iobj, mbedTLS.ipdb, mbedTLS.pdb, files.

Mar 1, 2016 15:37
Asbjørn

I've made my own DLL wrapper of mbedTLS, it's a separate project which just links in mbedTLS as a static library. In addition I added some create/free functions for the various context objects, so that the client can treat them as opaque handles.

It's not covering all of mbedTLS, just enough to get basic https, but if you're interested I could push this sooner rather than later to github.

Mar 17, 2016 10:01
Kirill

Thanks for a reply! I was planning to do something like this too. For now we are using our Linux implementation of mbedTLS, but WIndows support is one of our far goals. If it isnt hard for you, push it then it will work for you and give me a link, please. Sorry if my messages is hard to read, English isnt my native. Thanks!